In 1995, the Georgia General Assembly established the Georgia International and Maritime Trade Center Authority (GIMTCA) and in 2000, the Authority opened the $83 million Savannah International Trade & Convention Center (SITCC), a 355,000-square-foot multi-purpose events facility overlooking the Savannah River. Since opening its doors, the SITCC has hosted more than 2,400 events, generating more than $277 million in economic impact.
In 2014, GIMTCA selected the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA) as its management partner.
In 2016, the GWCCA’s CFO was named the SITCC’s General Manager, taking over for retiring GM Bob Coffey.
Visit online at: http://www.savtcc.com.
- The facility opened in February 2000, and was dedicated in May 2000
- The SITCC is owned by the State of Georgia, operated by the Georgia Maritime Trade Authority in conjunction with management partner the Georgia World Congress Center Authority
- SITCC produces annual gross revenues of more than $5 million
The center features:
- 330,000-square-foot waterfront complex on the historic Savannah River
- 100,000 square feet of divisible exhibit space
- 50,000 square feet of prime meeting space
- 13 meeting rooms
- Four executive board rooms
- 25,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom
- State-of-art 367 seat auditorium