The Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s (GWCCA) downtown campus and surrounding areas will host a variety of overlapping events from Friday, Feb. 28 through Sunday, March 1, bringing heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic to downtown Atlanta.
Here’s a look at some events taking place on the GWCCA campus this weekend:
Friday, Feb. 28:
- Atlanta International Auto Show, Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC), 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 29:
- Atlanta International Auto Show, GWCC, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials, Centennial Olympic Park (COP), 12 p.m.
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 1:
- Atlanta International Auto Show, GWCC, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Publix Atlanta Marathon, COP, 7 a.m.
In addition, adjacent to the GWCCA campus, State Farm Arena hosts Atlanta Hawks games on Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
GWCCA encourages everyone to follow the tips and recommendations below when travelling to and from our campus this weekend.
- Plan ahead – With the increased number of downtown visitors, traffic delays are expected. It’s best to coordinate your route in advance, plan for extra travel time, and arrive as early as possible.
- Download the Waze app – Traffic information including road/lane closures, alternate routes, and turn-by-turn directions are available on the app.
- Take MARTA – Attendees taking MARTA can use the GWCC/CNN Center Station or the Vine City Station to access GWCCA campus.
- Purchase parking in advance – Click here for reserved parking for GWCC, COP, Mercedes-Benz stadium, and State Farm Arena events.