ATLANTA – (Oct. 19, 2017) –
***Media Credentialing Now Open***
WHAT: Beginning Friday, Oct. 20, traffic message signs reminding commuters of surrounding road closures the morning of the Georgia Dome implosion will begin. These reminders will run until the morning of the implosion, scheduled for Monday, Nov. 20 at 7:30 a.m.
WHEN: Starting at 5:30 a.m. on MONDAY, NOV. 20, major intersections and several residential roads listed below will be closed; it is anticipated that all roads will reopen by 11 a.m.
|· Andrew Young International Blvd from Phillips Drive to Centennial Pkwy NW
· Phillips Drive from Centennial Pkwy NW to Andrew Young International Blvd NW
· Magnum St NW from MLK Jr Drive to Marietta St NW
· Northside Drive from MLK Drive NW to Joseph E Boone Blvd NW
· Maple St NW from MLK Drive NW to Northside Drive NW
· Electric Ave NW from Maple St NW to Spencer St NW
· Postell Street NW from Maple St NW to Rhodes St NW
· Rhodes St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside Drive NW
· Magnolia St NW from Electric St NW to Northside Drive NW
· Thurmond St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside Drive NW
***TO VIEW A MAP OF THE ROAD CLOSURES, SEE ATTACHED OR PLEASE CLICK HERE***
NOTE: All members of the media interested in covering the implosion – interviews, photography, live broadcasts, b-roll footage, etc. – will be required to fill out a media credential form no later than Monday, Nov. 13.
Senior Communications Specialist