Know Before You Go
|Date: Wednesday, July 4||Entertainment Begins: 7 p.m.|
|Gates Open: 6 p.m.||Fireworks: 9:45 p.m.|
***Information below subject to change; be sure to check back often for updates ***
- Event attendees are encouraged to ride MARTA
- International Plaza is accessible from the MBS/Philips/GWCC Station
There are multiple options for parking on and around the GWCCA campus. We encourage everyone to take advantage of the following options:
o Red Deck – adjacent to Georgia World Congress Center (lower entrance only)
o Silver Deck – adjacent to Mercedes-Benz Stadium (lower entrance only)
o Green Deck – adjacent to Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame
o Blue Lot – located on Northside Drive
Attendees are encouraged to purchase parking in advance for best rates. Pre-event pricing: $5 and day-of pricing: $10. Purchase HERE.
Other artists joining the celebration include:
- Keisha Jackson
- Christian Jones
- Kayte Burgess
- Von Grey
- Hamilton Park
- Dionne Farris
- Cody Matlock
- Melvin Miller
- The Van Lears
- Charlie Singleton from Cameo
- Griots String Ensemble
- Bags or backpacks larger than 11×17 inches. Attendees and their belongings are subject to search.
- Glass containers of any kind.
- Personal fireworks.
- Large umbrellas.
- Lawn chairs (low-profile versions permitted).
- Illegal drugs.
- Skateboards, scooters, hoverboards and bicycles inside the event.
- No outside food may be brought into the event. Sealed non-alcoholic beverages are permitted. (Note: 23 retail locations available)
- Additional items may be added to this list.
*** All bags are subject to search***
Out of safety concerns for everyone involved in the Fourth of July Celebration, the Georgia World Congress Center Authority will not authorize any flight operations of any Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“drones”) on its campus on July 4, 2018. This prohibition includes drones used for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or non-commercial, professional or amateur, and includes without limitation drone operations during filming or videotaping and drone operations by journalists and all other media. Because this involves a life-safety issue, there will be no exceptions.
Due to the volume of attendees expected for this event, road closures around the GWCCA campus are anticipated. Once this information is available it will be posted.
- Visitors younger than 17 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian at least 25-years-old at all times.
- The Georgia World Congress Center will be closed, attendees will not have access to the building.
- International Blvd. will be closed, please access the Red and Silver Decks via the lower entrance on Mangum Street.
- West Plaza (space between Building C and Mercedes-Benz Stadium) will be closed, if accessing International Plaza from Northside Drive please plan for an alternate route.