*** MARTA TO SUSPEND RAIL SERVICE BEGINNING AT 11:30 PM ON DEC. 19***
WHAT: A supplemental demolition of the Georgia Dome to remove Gate B and the East Wall has been set. This process has been determined to be the safest method to bring down the remaining infrastructure still standing.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 20 at 1 a.m.
- A traffic suspension on Northside Drive will be in place from 12:30 am – 1:30 am. Traffic will be re-routed at Ivan Allen Blvd. and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- MARTA Rail service from Five Points to Vine City will be suspended beginning at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 19 with bus shuttle service available as an alternative.
- A 450-foot safety zone will be in effect around the perimeter of the Georgia Dome. To see the zone map, click here.
- There will be no public viewing areas
- There will be no media staging areas or post-implosion interviews
***NOTE TO MEDIA INTERESTED IN COVERING**
Members of the media interested in covering should email Holly Richmond at [email protected] by noon on Monday, Dec. 18.