ATLANTA – (Oct. 31) – In response to an outpouring of interest from around the country to view the Nov. 20 demolition of the Georgia Dome, the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA) has partnered with ABC affiliate WSB-TV to make the event available to as many Georgians – and dome fans around the world – as possible.
Due to the required restricted zone around the Georgia Dome – and accompanying road closures – there will not be a public viewing area available. WSB’s wide reach, paired with its large variety of digital viewing options, ensures viewers everywhere can take part in this historic event.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we are asking the community for their support in ensuring roadways around the campus are as clear as possible,” said Frank Poe, executive director of the GWCCA. “Detour routes around the 220-acre campus will reroute traffic away from the Georgia Dome and out of viewable range.”
The implosion is set for 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 20.
WSB-TV’s live viewing options include:
- Live on Channel 2 Action News
- On WSBTV.com
- On WSB-TV’s official Facebook page
- In the WSB-TV News app
- On the WSB-TV YouTube page
- In the WSB-TV app available on Roku, AppleTV and Amazon Fire
The event will also be live streamed on the following platforms:
- The Georgia Dome’s official Facebook page
- Atlanta Falcons’ official website, atlantafalcons.com
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium’s official website, mercedesbenzstadium.com
- Atlanta United’s official website, ATLUTD.com
GWCCA has a long history with WSB-TV’s local programming team who has broadcast the annual 4th of July Celebration in Centennial Olympic Park for the past five years.
Senior Communications Specialist